Friday, April 20, 2007

Summer Music Predictions






Summer is almost here, well we still have about two months until the official June 21st date, but I thought I would make a prediction for what, I hope, will be this summer's hottest songs


"Summer Love" Justin Timberlake- When I heard this song last fall,I knew it would be a single. "Summer Love" hit radio about two weeks ago and I predict by mid-summer we will have a love/hate relationship with this song. But,it is so hot,it will defiantly be a club favorite.

"Umbrella" Rhianna- Watch out Miss B, Rhianna is slowly gaining a rather large fan base, I think she is after your crown and maybe man, too. No, seriously Rhianna had three top ten hits from her "Girl Like Me" album, I predict the new one will be just as hot. "Umbrella" is the first single and it is sure to be one of this summer's hits. It is a mid tempo song, but it has a great hook, I believe the repetition of "ay, ay, ay, ay" will ring in our ears for months, trust, summer hit.


"Makes Me Wonder" Maroon 5- With the release of their much anticipated sophomore album, lead single "Makes Me Wonder" is a sure fire hit. The song has catchy beat and the arrangement is stellar. The song will make any 80s music buff nostalgic for the sound, again. Why will it be a huge summer hit? It is a nice summer jam, one you listen to with the top down, or on the beach, or just sitting at home relaxing. It is a fun-feel good song, perfect for the summer.

Well, summer is almost here, so I guess we'll shall soon see.

No comments: