Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dissenting Voices and Progressive Thinkers




Al Gore’s eloquently written and in-depth analysis of the American ethos, the Bush Administration’s policies, and the War in Iraq are all critically chronicled in his new book The Assault on Reason. I must admit; before I read this book, I had no idea Gore was such a scholar. He has been a champion of environmental issues for years, but I never equated his lust for a safer environment, one that I share, too, with his informative and well-reason political insight evidenced in his latest book. Of course, I know that most political writing has a very clear purpose and scope. Gore asks his reader to believe as he does in the detrimental state of our nation’s most fundamental characteristics. But, he asks that you not only believe his analysis, but that you are moved to action. I have only read the first two chapters, “The Politics of Fear” and “Blinding the Faith” both speak volumes to the how “reason” is slowly losing its place in American government. Once I finish the book, I will blog away and offer my complete response

No comments: