Tuesday, June 26, 2007

PARIS HILTON....Who gives a $*%@


Before I begin this post, I must admit that I am giving lip service to the very thing I am about to complain, rant, even bitch about. But, I feel a calling; and maybe some unsuspecting tall blonde will stumble upon my meager blog and have a revelation. Something along these lines is preferable, I am not relevant; I am not important; I have no talent; I must go away....far, far, far away. Oh well, I can dream, right? After a long day of training, yard work, and general housework, I sit down and turn on the television. Hmmm....what station? As I channel surf, I end up on my favorite local station, Channel 10 CBS. Not because they have great programming, but I am a soap opera fan and CBS has the best. Young and the Restless rocks! Okay, back to my rant, it's 6:30 and EXTRA is showing something about Paula Abdul's new reality series. Are they serious? Paula Abdul, a new series, okay that could be a blog to itself. But, I am quickly remember I am sort of a Paula fan, so I keep watching. Next, in there highlights for tomorrow's show. ..."PARIS HILTON, her first interview, what she has to say, etc....." What the $*%@ people? Why, why, why do so many people care about Paris Hilton? Is it her amazing talent? Is it her striking beauty? Is it her quirky catch phrases, "That's Hot!" To be quite honest, and I will take a favorite quote from a friend, she is about as relevant as a bear shitting in the woods. Her success as a pop culture icon, and I use that term very loosely; is quite the enigma. I would love to think of her post prison attention as more of "oh Paris we're laughing at you not with you." Yet, I know she is going to milk this attention for all it's worth and sadly, the mainstream media, will eat it up. I realize we live in somewhat trying times, we are fighting a war, and yes, I can admit; we need distractions. But, Paris Hilton is not a distraction; she's not even interesting. So, on that note I have to end this blog.

No comments: